Co-Mo Electric Cooperative is located near the center of the state, in Tipton, MO. The original 1959 office has an attached garage, too small for construction trucks and larger service trucks, a separate warehouse with a loading platform and a separate vehicle storage building. The existing office has been added to twice over the last 30 years, creating additional corridor requirements for circulation and office spaces that are accessed through adjacent spaces.
M+H Architects master planned the existing site to maximize the available space as well as improve site circulation, expand capabilities for future needs and implement a phased approach for the construction of the building components. With their needs identified, Co-Mo was able to realize the relevance of acquiring the 50,000 SF manufacturing building adjacent to their property and repurpose the building for their operations staff, warehouse and utility service vehicles. The existing office building will now be able to be reconfigured to enhance the customer service functions and the new fiber optics broad band services they are offering their members.