M+H Architects master planned Co-Mo’s existing site to maximize the space available, improve site circulation, expand capabilities for future needs and implement a phased approach for the construction of building components. The original site, located near the center of the state, in Tipton, MO, housed the original 1959 office which had an attached garage, too small for construction trucks and large service trucks, a separate warehouse with a loading platform and a separate vehicle storage building. The existing office had been added to twice over the last 30 years, creating additional corridor requirements for circulation and office spaces that are accessed through adjacent spaces.
Once Co-Mo’s needs were identified and prioritized, they were able to realize the relevance of acquiring the 50,000 SF manufacturing building adjacent to their property and re-purpose it for their operations staff, warehouse, and utility service vehicles. The existing office building will be reconfigured to enhance the customer service functions and the new fiber optics broad band services they are offering their members.